01 October 2011

Around Town



So I know all of you are dying to see what Juba actually looks like!  I have only a few photos because up until recently it was illegal to take photos and people are still very nervous about picture taking.  There have been many instances of police seizing cameras or expats getting into trouble, however with independence it’s a little bit better but you still aren’t allowed to take pictures of buildings, bridges, or people.  So here a few I took, a few another friend took, and a few from Google images.
The road outside my compound
The road to the 'supermarket'







3 comments:

  1. wow! So interesting and unique! Thanks for sharing, I love hearing the tales from your adventuras diva world-traveler! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah come on now, you've got to try the goat stew eventually. I'll admit maybe you want to see the goat both before and after to be sure, but some expat must know how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have eaten goat before, I just can't bring myself to eat boiled goat (it doesn't look good) - but I did try bar-b-qued goat! A little tough, not gamey, and quite tasty!!!

    ReplyDelete