08 March 2009

Breadcrumbs

This is my first post ever! And I thought I would never be a blogger, oh well I promise I will post videos and photos soon!

Brian gave me breadcrumbs when I left yesterday so I could find my way home again and it worked!! I stuck them in my backpack and checked it. When I arrived in Mexico I noticed breadcrumbs on the conveyor belt and despite being pulled out by customs to investigate the smell of garlic and herbs only to find they had exploded in my bag it accomplished the purpose and left a small trail from SF to here, so don't worry I will find my way back!

I am staying in the town of Guanajuato, it is a gorgeous colonial town, mostly pedestrain streets and perfect temperature, a little on the cool side in the evening but the day is sunny and warm. Tons of churches and colorful buildings. They are really into the arts here so there are tons of museums and a university, one of the oldest in Mexico. They also have music all day in the park and all the church bells are so beautiful! So the driver brought me to host family last night, my host mother is very very nice (and a good cook! luckyme!). The house is absolutely beautiful, its this huge colonial house and my room is taller than it is wide with a brick ceiling. All the ceilings are wood-beamed and its right in the middle of town on a Plaza de San Francisco (see the breadcrumbs are working!)

School starts tomorrow and I will send pictures soon, been taking some video but a little shy to narrate - speaking english to myself on a crowded street might seem werid ,) And don't worry my host mother already took me to mass this morning, so I am in good hands!

Hasta Luego!
-Marguerite

1 comment:

  1. Marguerite! So good to read that you've made it. Heather, Jerusha and I had brunch this morning and it you were definitely missed! It's just not the same without you! Glad to hear you are embracing your faith. and look forward to reading more. BTW - looks like Chicago for July 4th weekend may happen, details to come...

    ReplyDelete