12 March 2009

No, me llama es Marguerita!

My host family keeps calling me Maggie, and I kept ignoring them, not intentionally but I just don’t respond when I heard that name. When I introduced myself to family friends as Marguerita, my host mother quickly corrects me and says ‘No es Maggie‘. Who’s Maggie?! I come to find out a few weeks ago and awful woman named Peggy arrived and told everyone she was Marguerita! She turned out to be so awful, the school called the family to tell her they were kicking her out after lss than 2 weeks, because no one could teach her! I’ve already heard some rumors around the house of her incredibly poor behavior, ordering around the family to serve her on their daughter‘s wedding day, wash her dishes, and even criticizing the host mother’s cooking and accent…hmmm maybe I can reclaim my real name!

No comments:

Post a Comment