29 March 2009

Mexican Gyms

Those of you who have heard my (and Jessa’s) many tales of woe from working out at 24 Hour Fitness can now take heart that I was well prepared for the Mexican gym experience. Some of you may even be wondering why I am bothering, but due to the lack of running and sheer amount of food my host mother makes I decided I might as well make a futile effort.

I arrive at the gym that is entitled ‘Underfit’ and notice just like 24 Hour in SF guys are lifting in jeans and muscle t-shrits … I attend a Pilates class (which was interesting, I don’t know how else to describe it) but instead of 8 peaceful repetitions we did 20 of everything, super fast to some slow awful music and then another round. But this was not before I happened to notice the women’s aerobics class which was blaring J.Lo songs combined with Britney Spears dance moves and a bit of salsa….now that sounds like my kind of class!!

Update on the Mexican Gym Experience: after failing to explain my tight hamstrings in espanol I have decided instead to dedicate myself to salsa dance lessons for exercise…watch out Dancing with the Stars….;)

No comments:

Post a Comment