15 May 2009

Life on the Farm - Part 2

So as you all know I'm pretty city, and while I enjoy hiking and camping in the great outdoors, living rural is definitely a funny experience.

The other night I see my host mother searching the grounds with a flashlight - I called out to her and asked her what she was looking for. Expecting her to say Intruder or Axe Murder (because we are in the woods after all) she replies that she lost a chicken and is looking for it....OH

Then this morning, it was very very exciting. My 2 year old host sister was walking around saying 'vaca' I was excited because I know that means cow. When all of a sudden my host mother runs out of the house and my host father n0t far behind with a lasso! Turns out of the cow had escaped and likes hanging out with the chickens (and eating their food), the cow was running around the outside of the bottom part of the house (my apt). Can you imagine if I had gone upstairs for breakfast a little bit later and saw a cow on my porch? I'm not sure what I would have done. I guess I still need more time for cultural immersion.

No comments:

Post a Comment