12 May 2009

You Better Belize it!

I honestly had the best snorkeling ever! I took an all day trip off the coast to 3 different areas and it was PHENOMENAL!! There were only 6 of us and a guide who was incredibly knowledgeable.

I don’t even know how to explain it but it was like swimming in a tropical aquarium. The visibility underwater was about 60 feet and I saw:
  • nurse sharks, 4 of them swimming together that was intense,
  • huge fish almost as big as me,
  • hundreds of tropical fish including electric blue ones with fluorescent shines, rainbow colored fish, iridescent fish with long needle like noses, fish that looked like they had 3 eyes, bright yellow fish, and 2 different type of bright blue polka-dotted fish, as well as orange and yellow, and purple, zebra striped fish and
  • Turtles and more turtles
  • Huge sting rays
  • Iridescent Squids
  • Spiny lobsters
  • Crazy looking sea spiders that were orange with bright blue tips
  • Crabs
  • Flamingo lips - a type of animal that lives in a brightly colored shell
  • Conchs
  • Flounders that swim on he bottom
  • Marks from manatees on the sand because they are so heavy
  • Tons of different types of coral, ones that looked like mushrooms, tress, purple leafy ones, orange spidery ones.
We swam through coral channels, saw underwater caves (I couldn’t dive to them because my ears kept acting weird) coral gardens, sea grass forests. My only regret is that I do not have an underwater camera! And even though the guide told me all the names, I soon forgot!

And even though I’ve said this a bunch - it was incredible!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment