15 May 2009

Sunset Crusie for 1?

Besides facing my fears of farm animals, I am taking on others as well. A local guy here has a sailboat and called the school, seeing if anyone was interested in going out last night. Even though I'm scared of boats and water, I went.

Myself, the boat captain and his wife, and a very fun couple from Jersey set sail. Playas Flamingo and Potrero are situated in beautiful bay, that is not too developed (since I wasn't planning on going I didn't have my camera with me, but the my new friends from Jersey said they'd email me pics).

Anyway we went to his gorgeous beach only accessible by boat and then swimming. Called Honeymoon beach or Luna de Miel, its a perfect strip of white sand and flowering trees and tons of crabs and seashells in between rocky caves. I went snorkeling by myself (no one else wanted to go) than I swam to Honey Moon beach (just taking on all my phobias!) and walked along solo and later watched the sunset...awww Anyway I figure its self-empowering and even if I'm alone I deserve romance, right?

A short windstorm whipped in and we could see the rain in other parts of the bay but it left dramatic clouds perfect for gorgeous sunset. There's lots of craggy islands and rocky formations sticking out of the water, which was great to see up close.

And maybe I am not so scared of boats after all....;)

No comments:

Post a Comment